Welcome back to the “Wealth, Actually” podcast and Happy New Year!
As we start 2020, Haven (“The Pundificator”) and I are taking on “Impeachment”.
With Nancy Pelosi’s withholding of the Articles of Impeachment from the Senate and the resultant delay in the Senate trial, Americans have had a couple of weeks to focus on the holiday season and away from this segment of political theater. Can Donald Trump withstand the latest attacks on his presidency? Will Nancy Pelosi and/or Mitch McConnell’s constituencies pay a price for this political gamesmanship?
Here’s the chance to review what is happening before the media cycle revs back up. First, here are some quick links on . . .
THE IMPEACHMENT PROCESS:
THE ELECTION CLIMATE:
WE’LL TRY TO MAKE SENSE OF:
- Where we stand right now in the process
- Were there other options?
- The probability of President Trump being removed
- What does removal mean?
- The strategy and tactics for the Democrats, Republicans and the President around this process
- Potential ramifications in the 2020 election
- Potential ramifications for the use of impeachment in the future
We hope you enjoy it! And a reminder to subscribe- the podcast is on major platforms.
PS- I got the chance to be a part of Meb Faber’s “Best Investment Writing, Volume 3. I created an audio version of Chapter 3 of “Wealth, Actually”. The link is below. I hope you like it.